The Zeppelin Group offers solutions worldwide in the areas of construction equipment, rental, drives and energy, engineering, and plant engineering. The company’s legal seat is in Friedrichshafen, Germany and its headquarters is in Garching, near Munich. In the 2013 financial year the Zeppelin Group achieved a turnover of over 2.4 billion euros. Zeppelin today – a group that lives and breathes responsibility. Progressive digitization had profound implications for the Group, and fundamentally changed Zeppelin International AG working processes. We implemented the sales process system based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and integrated it with billing systems. How we did it with Microsoft Dynamics CRM? Let’s consider this successful case
Company Size: 7800 employees
Country or Region: 190 locations in 30 different countries
Head Office: Munich, Germany
Industry: Сonstruction equipment, rental, drives and energy, engineering, and plant engineering
The Zeppelin Group provides solutions for the following areas: construction and agricultural equipment, rental equipment for the construction and industrial sectors, drives and energy, engineering, and plant engineering. The foundation-owned company has 190 sites in 30 countries. In the 2015 fiscal year, Zeppelin achieved a sales volume of EUR 2.33b, with 7,800 employees (including trainees) having contributed to this success. Growth refers to the fact that all of Zeppelin’s strategic business units consistently focus on achieving and expanding a strong market position.
Project Dates Attended:
Product and Services:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- 1С v8.2
For us, the main problem with integration of accounting and CRM systems was in geographical dispersion of company branches located in different countries. DataWay solution ensured connection of branch accounting systems with a unified CRM system. Now we have a common customer database and sales reporting for all our branches and at the same time each deal is processed in local accounting system taking into account the country and tax law specificsYevgen Osmak
More than 7,800 employees (including trainees) at 190 locations contribute to the Zeppelin Group’s success. In the 2013 fiscal year, the company generated sales of more than EUR 2.4b. ZEPPELIN GmbH is the Group’s management holding company. It has its legal seat in Friedrichshafen, Germany and its headquarters in Garching near Munich.
Zeppelin Ukraine (LLC with Foreign Investments – ‘Zeppelin Ukraine LLC’) is the leading Ukrainian dealer of construction, agricultural and industrial machinery as well as an exclusive dealer of Caterpillar American machinery in Ukraine. Zeppelin Ukraine has been operating in the Ukrainian market since 1998 and is a part of Zeppelin GmbH international network with the head office in Garching (close to Munich, Germany). Today Zeppelin Ukraine supplies machinery of the leading world brands, such as Caterpillar, SEM, MultiDocker, Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Bourgault, Gregoire Besson, Berthoud, Olympian, to the Ukrainian market. The company is developing its business within 5 key directions and supplies high-quality machinery for: Construction industry; Mining and quarry industry; Agricultural industry; Power Systems market, including marine engines and generator sets; Spare parts market.
Objective: Implementation of sales process system based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and integration with billing systems
Lead Generation and Conversion. Allows generate, track, measure and convert more leads. Using MS Dynamics CRM lead management feature company can turn more leads such as trade show and website visitors to opportunities.
- Lead Generation: creating Lead Card, Opportunity Card. Ability of business offer creation, Incoterms Directory, Commercial offer calculation, Focus programs, Commercial offers Coordination and Activation
- Contract Creation in CRM according to Contract Card. Marked Scheduled payments on the Contract Card. Golden Contract Rules. The details on the contract selling technique in «Sales ticket»
- Integration in ERP and transaction closing in the CRM. Contract integration in backing system (1C, SAP) for further work with it in the ERP
- Display of payments and prepayments under the contract in CRM
2. Activity Management Automation
Corporate management and working with activities. Regular/meaningful touch points and prompt follow-up are crucial elements of any successful sales role. Important tasks can easily be missed leaving customers to feel forgotten or neglected resulting in lost business. Using CRM activity management feature tasks easily are automated.
Partners Management Automation: creating Partner Card, Create Warehouse and Park Technics Database. Display of warehouses backing systems (1C, SAP) with the current statuses and data about the technique. The system displays all the warehouses (offshore, onshore, the warehouse of formerly used technics).
- Organizing the Ordering process technics in production. Creating Logistics Contract Form in MS Dynamics CRM.
- Creating, Sync and activities Preview in Outlook from MS Dynamics CRM
- Providing the process of commercial proposals and contracts consent Proposal and Agreement approval process.
3. Sales plan and forecast reports. Records management
With CRM Lead indicator and balanced scorecard capability built into CRM the company benefits from charts and dashboards to measure the health of their business. With this early insight there is time to change things to maximize results. Zeppelin takes advantage of “Leaderboard Effect” and drives new behaviors and CRM adoption from sales team.
- Creating the Printing Forms of commercial offers. In CRM the printed form of commercial offers implemented. This forms formed in accordance with the approved templates and the data entered by the seller at the time of working with electronic version of the offer.
- Configuration of notification about harmonization of the electronic version of the offer with the automatically generated printed versions of the commercial offer in format DOC (Russian and English versions)
- Ability of creating a printed form of the offer by clicking the «Preview» on the Offer Card and select «Create Print Forms».
- Export data from CRM to Excel for building various reports and graph. Export data from reports to Excel.
- In MS CRM implemented objectives mechanism with Objectives Card. The system can be configured to objectives: sale activity, the number of customer complaints, etc. The objectives can be both quantitative and in the context of cash. At entering the objectives indicated responsible for its implementation and the one who will control the its implementation. Objectives and results are automatically recalculated by the system and displayed in reports.
4. Account Management automation
New account penetration, Upsell, cross sell, renewals and share of wallet are all managed effectively with 360-degree view of an account. Existing customers and targeted prospects are managed with one view that summarizes all activity with them. At the touch Zeppelin team has access to information from other computer systems used by the company. Less clicking and more account planning results in increased sales with current and new companies. They go high, wide and deep with less effort.
- Creating the Product Catalog. This Catalog includes database of company technics and technics of competitors.
- The Sales module has a special «Products» section displaying all the products.
- Creating knowledge database of company products and documentation.
5. Pipeline and Organization Structure Management
An easier way to manage and predict the pipeline of new deals. With Pipeline management company process is broken down into the logical stages specific to such company and the pipeline is much easier to manage.
- In MS CRM the organizational structure of company is implemented, which is based on a number of processes, including one of the main processes – the process reconciliation and coordination processes. The CRM displayed the hierarchical structure of user distribution units, depending on the management vertical
- Holistic Account Management: Better understand your customers’ needs and preferences with a 360-degree customer view and easy-to-use segmentation tools.
- Intelligent Lead Management: Easily convert leads and automatically route them to the most effective resource with intuitive lead management and flexible sales territories.
- More Effective Selling: Identify optimal products and pricing, track opportunity and competitor details, and instantly create quotes with deep opportunity management capabilities.
- Guided Dialogs: Drive efficacy, increase conversion rates, and better capitalize on cross-sell and up-sell opportunities with guided dialogs and sales-focused call scripts.
- Actionable Analytics: Visualize key performance indicators (KPIs) with real-time dashboards. Zero in on key data points with drill-down analysis and inline data visualization.
- Streamlined Goal Management: Instantly define and track sales quotas at individual, team, territory, and organization levels with intuitive goal management capabilities.
- Real-Time Forecasts: Keep your pulse on sales performance and improve financial planning with real-time sales forecasts and pipeline reports.
- Comprehensive Auditing: Improve visibility into the sales process and help identify areas for improvement with system-wide auditing.
- Centralized Document Management: Streamline the management of quotes, proposals, orders, invoices, and other sales documents with holistic document management capabilities.