According to the Boeing Company statistics, UIA is the only airline in the CIS which performs full technical maintenance for its own fleet. UIA Technical Division also provides this service to other Ukrainian and international airlines. Ukrainian Tourist Agencies’ Survey and Ukrainian Journalists Association repeatedly awarded UIA in the following nominations: “Best Sales Airline in Ukraine”, “Best Ukrainian Airline”, “Best Ukrainian Air Carrier” and more. We made UIA Call Center Automation in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. Let’s consider this case study.
Company Size: 7000 employees
Country or Region: Ukraine
Head Office: Kiev, Ukraine
Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) is Ukraine’s leading airline established in 1992. Today, UIA is a 100% privately-owned company. The UIA primary business is to provide safe and reliable passenger and cargo transportation.
The UIA fleet currently comprises 39 modern aircraft: medium-haul Boeing 737 (including one freighter 737-300SF), medium-haul Еmbraer-190, and long-haul Boeing 767 airliners. The main base airport for UIA is Kiev Boryspil International Airport (KBP). Ukraine International was the first airline in the CIS to have earned the distinction of receiving the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Certificate, having entered into the IOSA Registry. In 2015, UIA has successfully underwent an IATA Operational Safety Audit and received its new IOSA Certificate.
Project Dates Attended:
Product and Services:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
The fact that we were able to tailor the CRM to UIA users’ needs and business reality really made the difference. UIA now has a system that their users really useDmitry Staritsky
UIA offers more direct scheduled services from Ukraine to Europe than any other airline. Is a modern network airline with domestic and international operations, connecting Ukraine to dozens of capital cities and key hubs in Europe, USA, the CIS, Asia, and the Middle East. Steadily broadens the geographical scope of its operations, particularly through numerous interline agreements with leading international airlines worldwide. Today UIA operates1100 international and domestic flights per week to over 3,000 destinations, offering convenient connections across the globe at competitive prices. Is recognized as one of the most efficient and reliable partners for charter operations. Is a customer-oriented airline offering a flexible pricing policy, convenient flights schedule, a variety of benefits for its Panorama Club Frequent Flyer Programme members, high international service standards and traditional Ukrainian hospitality. Transports various cargo types on all its scheduled flights, as well as on its cargo Boeing 737-300SF aircraft. To cover every customers’ need, UIA introduced a complete portfolio of cargo services including the following six solutions: Time Definite, Sensitive, Fresh, Live, Valuable and Economic.
Objective: UIA Call Center Automation in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Registration and processing of requests in the Call Center. The high-level qualifier of requests with the detailing ability, depending on the type of treatment is provided
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration with IT-Processing for payments billing and tracking (corresponding operations on the client’s account)
- of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration with Gabriel to update booking information (hotel, Ticketing, request for information)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration with CISCO telephony for the client identification of incoming calls and store calls records (call transfer ID in CISCO and phone number)
- Online FFP Argo system integration (output information upon request in Iframe-off and accrual of bonus miles)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration with the Sale for display tickets status
- Routing incoming mail (Configuring Integration MS Dynamics CRM 2013 with Outlook. Service customer in the UIA company by mailing)
- Search and identification of duplicates during customer creation in CRM
- Training of key users
- Starting filling of historical data about clients with FFP
- Configuring the security roles and the distribution of access
- Creating a Knowledge Bases (GDS «Gabriel», GDS «Amadeus», conversation and correspondence standards, passengers and luggage service, schedules, fleet, flyuia.com site)
- Installation and creating the user cards (private client and corporate client). Setting functional of private and corporate customers cards
- Creation of a unified customer service interface
- Create a compulsory registration of client requests by topics
- The organization of access and processing capabilities for requests of related employees of departments
- Create and configure the management tools and reporting. Reports configured in MS Dynamics CRM 2013: report by quantity of generated requests; report by quantity of requests on a given topic / knowledge base articles / Priority / condition; report with indicators for average and total number of requests for a certain period by the user being processed; report about money taken from the passenger for a period, taking into account the returns; report about money taken from the passenger for the period net of returns; report about the main directions / flights / passengers flying days; report on customer segmentation; report on the sale terms.
Setup of services for personal account access authorization and control unit (e-commerce) Saving personal data for faster booking (requires integration with Amadeus for the transfer of passenger data in the booking process)
To support the complete caller contact / response process, the system included the following features:
- Automatic inbound handling– When a phone call is received the application automatically pops-up so the operators can start registering the customer interaction;
- Contact identification and definition– simple to use form where the contact center agent classifies the contact (inbound or outbound call), its origin (e-mail, phone, fax, mobile, or other) and identifies the number where the call is coming from. The operator must also identify the calling entity: first, its type (Customer, Supplier, Agent, Employee, Third Party, etc.) and then a specific person from the database, creating a typified contact record. Depending on the contact nature, more data can be entered, like a claim ID, a policy number or even a supplier key;
- Contact automatic prioritization – defined (in the back office) according to contacts’ type and reason, and the application automatically decides whether a call should be immediately answered, transferred or even if a task should be opened. It also fills the deadline date for resolution automatically;
- Intelligent customer routing – Based on the defined SLAs, calls are automatically transferred to the right person without any intervention from the operator. Likewise, notifications of new tasks are automatically sent to the responsible department. The operator no longer needs to look up a phone number or write an email to send a notification. The whole process just became faster and easier;
- Contact Management and Analytics – From new product simulations to claims or policy information, billing information or even agent related information and campaigns, the call center agent can efficiently address and answer all customer and partner agent’s calls;
- Profile Management – profiles and groups are managed through the backoffice allowing the tasks to be viewed and owned by a group of people. When a specific task is forwarded to a team, anyone belonging to the team can open the task and become its owner. At any time, the task owner can forward it to another team member;
- Contact and Task monitoring – users can search for a list of all contacts and their related details (general data, comments, tasks and history). A progress bar is shown for all open data as well as the time remaining for closing a particular task;
- Portal Integration – data collected by the contact center is available to all applications under a portal, allowing any employee to check, for example, the entire contacts’ history;
- Real time Integration with existing claims and policy systems;
- True analytics and flexible reporting capacity.
One of the prime benefits of CRM software solutions is that it gives call center reps easy access to a wide variety of information about customers. Its 360-degree customer view allows the call center reps to answer customer queries more quickly and better meet their needs. It also enables the company to document customer requests as they’re being processed
CRM enables contact center agents in the call center to properly brand incoming calls, read required disclosures and review customer orders for quicker and more consistent order fulfillment and customer service
Customer service representatives have improved interactions with customers and can respond to them more quickly, improving the level of customer satisfaction