The Company is the largest vacation ownership enterprise in Europe. It has 31 resorts of which 23 are located in Finland. There are two resorts in Sweden and six in Spain. Seven resorts in Finland and one in Sweden also feature a spa hotel. Company operates 1 159 hotel rooms and 2 173 holiday homes in total. 48 400 families and over 1100 companies own a timeshare. The high-speed growth challenges the company to become more client-oriented. The company is a significant operator in the fields of holiday housing and tourism in Europe felt the pressure to become more customer-centric. We implemented the Customer Portal to improve productivity across the organization and the quality of customer service. How we did it with SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM? Let’s consider this successful case. It is a story of creating the unique product: Customer Portal with MS Dynamics CRM.
Country or Region: 31 resorts in Europe
Head Office: Lappeenranta, Finland
Industry: Computer Software
The Company is the leading weekly timeshare company in Europe and a significant operator in the fields of holiday housing and tourism. It has 31 resorts of which 23 are located in Finland, 2 resorts in Sweden and 5 in Spain. Seven resorts in Finland and one in Sweden feature also a spa hotel. In total, the company owns 1,159 hotel rooms and 2,173 holiday homes.
Project Dates Attended:
Product and Services:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint
Microsoft Dynamics CRM offered customer the right balance of functionality for needs across the company at a reasonable priceKirill Mikhaltsov
The company was founded in 1986 and focused primarily on the vacation ownership business at the beginning.
Objective: Integrate platform for providing one single view of the customer and managing resort reservations. Improve the efficiency of the overall system by defining business process workflows and the automating end to end back office operations and provide greater control.
Development of real estate property management system providing background process automation, resource planning, easy to use and secure owner and board member tools
- Property management enterprise resource planning
- Automation of background processes: invoicing, property maintenance, service requests.
- Quick creation of basic property management reports (both from CRM and customer portal): annual reports, minutes of meetings, balance, payment reports, etc.
- CRM customization and development
- Booking and management of booked facilities by existing and new users (automatic user account creation)
- Timeslot drags and drop functionality
SharePoint integration with CRM and portal for document management (adding, deleting, editing documents and ability to attach documents to different entity records, such as case, forum entries, cooperative documents, etc.).
1. Customer portal development and integration with MS Dynamics CRM
Customer portal enables company to provide clients with access to highly personalized content (requests and technical support responses, documents, order status, transactions, service reservations, etc.) and boost customer satisfaction as well as long-term retention: modern responsive design, easy to maintain and extend, direct Microsoft CRM integration
Customer Portal – built on top of SharePoint, the Customer Portal provides customers self-service including identity management, online accounts, service status information, the company information and access to intuitive process-driven forms to allow the customer to request and update the company’s services.
- Customer self-service: view detailed installed base and entitlements, create service requests and work orders, track status details, appointment windows and expected delivery times
- Customer access to documentation, knowledge bases, and enterprise social resources
- Targeted up-sell and cross-sell messages based on customers’ interests and derived preferences from past transactions and customer profiles
Using the Customer Portal, an organization’s customers can to authenticate and become authorized to perform specific actions including: Create new Customer Service Cases. View and update existing Service Cases. View Service Case Activity History. Attach documents when working with Service Cases. Update Contact records details to keep personal data up to date. Search and view selectively published CRM knowledge base articles. Access additional modules developed either by the customer or their implementation partner.
2. Reservation Calendar and table views
- Display Events on a Calendar view with easy searching
- Shows one-time and repeating events
- Responsive calendar display adapts to display on any device
- Provide map location with direction for events
- Easily adding to Gmail, Outlook, and other calendars.
Real-time data available in Microsoft Dynamics CRM has provided the Company with new insights about its operations and clientele. This access to information has enabled the Company to provide a better customer experience for their guests. Staff has access to a single solution with tailored access rights and centralized information that makes it easier to identify and focus on the most effective activities
All customer information is recorded in one place and over time this becomes a valuable source of intelligence. With Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the Company can better understand our customers’ activities, their behavior, and their preferences. As a result, they can customize and tailor marketing communications to them
Managers have more information to plan to load of resort facilities, resources and other services provided by the company